Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blog Reading Suggestions

Some of you may be first time readers of my summer blog, so I thought I would explain the layout and how to get the best out of it.  First, let me say that his is the first blog I've ever done, and I'm still learning the technique in preparing each posting.  For instance, in my early postings I did not know how to embed pictures so that when you click on them they enlarge to almost full screen viewing.  Now, I've learned a few tricks, and like the picture at the right, you can click on it and it will enlarge.  That, incidentally, is a figure from the National Hurricane Center's website showing disturbed areas in the Atlantic basin and their probabilities of development as of 2:00 am this morning, 17 July.  Go ahead.  Click on it.  To return to the blog, simply hit the back button on your browser.

I have a total of 11 postings so far, the earliest being in May and this being the latest.  I encourage you to go back to the earlier blogs, oldest being on the bottom, to get a flavor of what we do here at the Aircraft Operations Center during the hurricane season.  To get to the earlier blogs, simply scroll down or go to the right pane and click on one of the months so see the blogs for that month.  If you click on "2008," you'll get all 11 of them from the latest at the top to the earliest at the bottom.

Hope you find this interesting and informative.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Dad-
Your blog is brilliant. I love reading it - thanks for doing this and sharing your fun hurricane season adventures with us. This should become required reading for all university meteorology courses . . . Keep sharing.
Sheila

Ramblin Rams said...

Uncle Jim

thanks for sharing very interesting and look forward to following this season See you soon Love Kelly